The principal airport serving Yellowstone is Jackson Hole Airport (JAC IATA), in Grand Teton National Park, near Jackson, and the largest airport in Wyoming. United and Delta serve Jackson Hole year-round, from Denver and Salt Lake City respectively. These airlines plus American and Frontier provide seasonal flights from those cities and eight others across the US.
Other airports with commercial services are at:
- Billings (Montana) (BIL IATA). From numerous cities.
- Bozeman (Montana) (BZN IATA). From eight cities year round and more seasonally.
- Cody (Wyoming) (COD IATA), Yellowstone Regional Airport. From Salt Lake City and Denver.
- Idaho Falls (Idaho) (IDA IATA). From six cities.
- Salt Lake City (Utah) (SLC IATA). A bit of a long drive (~6 hours) away, but still the closest major airport to the park, with flights from major cities throughout the country, as well as limited international flights.
- West Yellowstone (Montana) (WYS IATA). From Salt Lake City, Jun–Sep only.
The park has 5 entrances. The nearest cities to each entrance are given.
- 1 North – Accessed from Gardiner (Montana) via US Route 89, 56 mi (90 km) from Livingston. This entrance is open all year and leads to the park headquarters at Mammoth Hot Springs, 5 mi (8.0 km) inside the park boundary. The iconic Roosevelt Arch is at this entrance.
- 2 Northeast – Accessed from Silver Gate and Cooke City via US Route 212 (Beartooth Highway). The entrance and road to Cooke City are open all year, but Route 212 past Cooke City is closed in winter (mid-October to late May).
- 3 East – Accessed from Cody, 53 mi (85 km), via US Route 14/16/20. This entrance is closed in winter (early November to early May).
- 4 South – Accessed from Grand Teton National Park via US Route 89/191/287. This entrance is closed in winter (early November to mid-May).
- 5 West – Accessed from West Yellowstone via US Route 20/191/287, 60 mi (97 km) from Ashton, Idaho. This entrance is closed in winter (early November to late April).
There are an extensive number of trails entering the park on all sides including the 3100-mile-long (5000 km) Continental Divide Trail.