Just outside of Moab, Utah lies the stunning Arches National Park. Defined by its unique orange arches and fascinating rock formations, Arches is a can’t-miss destination on any trip out West. After your visit to Arches National Park, you have several great options for where to go next!
- Canyonlands National Park – A lesser-known but breathtakingly beautiful national park, add Canyonlands to your list of where to go next after your visit to Arches. Impressive desert landscape sculpted by the Colorado River, you won’t want to miss a trip to Canyonlands.
- Dead Horse Point State Park – After a day spent exploring Arches National Park, head to nearby Dead Horse Point State Park for a spectacular sunset. Providing stunning overlooks of Canyonlands State Park, this is an easy way to get the most bang for your buck when you visit Arches National Park.
- Moab, Utah – The closest town to Arches National Park, this charming city is definitely worth a visit while you’re in the area. With lodging and dining opportunities, Moab will be a welcome pit stop before or after your visit to Arches.
- Zion National Park – A five-hour drive from Arches National Park, Zion is another great spot to head to along your way. Characterized by steep, colorful cliffs and fascinating scenic landscapes, Zion is among the country’s most popular national parks.
- Grand Canyon National Park – If you’re in the area and are planning to make a trip of it, you should definitely hit the Grand Canyon before or after you check out Arches National Park, though it is a bit of a drive. This massive canyon is one of the seven natural wonders of the world.
- Aspen, Colorado – A gorgeous resort town about a five-hour drive from Arches National Park, Aspen is an awesome town worth checking out for a few days or stopping in on your way to somewhere else. Known for high-end restaurants, boutiques, and year round outdoor activities, you’ll be glad you visited Aspen after your trip to Arches!